Thursday 16 January 2014

SHRINK SHRink shrink.......

Its time I made myself a blog, Ive attempted it before but never quite got the hang of it and I think I made 2 posts in all. This time Im going to get organised and make it a blog worth reading.


My journey so far..

I decided I needed to lose weight.... actually thats not true, Ive always needed to lose weight but I just didnt WANT to do it and couldnt be bothered, so I ballooned to a shocking 25 stone in March 2012. I got married and had my honeymoon and then I saw the photos!!!!! I hadnt realised that I had got to the size I was, I was wearing size 26/28 clothes but even that didnt really get through to me. In April 2012 I found out I was pregnant, and over the next 9 months I actually lost weight. My daughter was born in Nov 2012, and I was deliriously happy so my weight was the last thing on my mind. 
In September 2013 I was definately getting annoyed with my weight, not being able to buy nice clothes, and my daughter was going to be having her 1st birthday in November so I decided it was time to lose weight. In October I started doing the 'Cambridge Weight Plan'. I found it really easy as I was so very determined and between October-December 31st I lost 5 stone, which got me to 18st 11lbs! Very happy! 
I had to stop Cambridge as I have a chronic pain condition and the doctors have increased my pain medication and told me to take them with food, and REAL food, not pretend food. So I had to make a decision...
On Tuesday (14th Jan) I joined Slimming World and had my first weigh in at group, turns out I now weigh 20 STONE so I put on 1stone 3lbs in about a week off any plan. Not great but better than it could have been considering what I ate! So thats where I am now. I am in my first week on SW and sticking to plan and finding it amazing how much food Im allowed. 
I hope that wasnt too boring, but wanted to start with a bit of history and my journey so far.

1 comment: